BU Computer Science PhD student Wenxin Feng belongs to one of two teams...
Application materials for graduate admissions and financial aid are available through the Admissions Office of the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences. Please note that the application fee must be paid for an application to be processed.
Required Tests for both PhD and MS applicants
- GRE: General test required (no specific minimum score required) and subject test not required. (Note, if GRE score is not available by the application deadline, it can be submitted at a later date by contacting the Department of Computer Science.)
- TOEFL: Please refer to the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences international students admission information.
Doctoral (PhD) Program Deadlines
- Fall semester admission: December 15
Masters (MS) Program Deadlines
- Fall semester admission: May 1
- Spring semester admission: November 1 (of the previous year)
All applications and materials should be submitted electronically through the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences.
PhD admissions decisions are typically completed by April 15 (fall semester admission). Financial aid decisions are made separately (usually after admissions decision). Due to the volume of applications received, we request that applicants do not inquire about their applications before this date.
MS admissions decisions are reviewed on a rolling basis to expedite admissions decisions and we aim to make admissions recommendations within four weeks of receiving a completed application.
You may request Financial Aid on the graduate application.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Financial Aid Information from the Department of Education