Deadline for Renewal of Human Subjects Training
Thanks to all who completed their CITI human subjects recertification prior to the expiration date of June 30, 2017. For those who haven’t, your new IRB submissions will be held up if training has expired for anyone on the study. The IRB will be checking for training status with any amendments or continuing review of existing studies. (see CR TIMES MAIN ARTICLE MARCH 2017).
Changes to INSPIR and Templates in June
As the process of our AAHRPP accreditation continues, we have made two changes in the INSPIR application this month:
Also, some minor wording changes to the consent form templates have been made. The new templates are posted on the IRB website and can be downloaded from INSPIR.
- In the section Risks & Benefits & Justification for Approval, the instructions for describing how risks will be minimized have been expanded to explicitly ask about the availability of medical or psychosocial resources if subjects might need them as a consequence of the research.
- In the section Design/Procedure, the instructions for describing the sample size have been expanded to ask for a description of how the investigator will have access to a population that will allow recruitment of the necessary number of subjects.
IRB Office Drop-in Hours
A reminder that the IRB has scheduled weekly drop-in hours. You are welcome to show up during the drop-in period at Robinson 414 for a first-come, first-served chance to talk to IRB Office staff. You, of course, can also call at any time to schedule an appointment – 617-638-7207.
Upcoming drop-in hours:
- Wednesday, July 12, 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Tuesday, July 18, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, July 26, 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Tuesday, August 1, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 9, 10:00 am – 11:30 am