The Operations Service Center on the Charles River Campus and the Control Center on the Medical Campus provide emergency response services. A small team of full- and part-time staff monitor operations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, processing over 70,000 work orders per year. This emergency phone service center is a vital link between you and the skilled University tradespeople and local emergency responders who can help resolve your problem.
In an emergency, at night, or on weekends, call 617-353-2105 to reach the Operations Service Center if you are on the Charles River Campus or Fenway Campus, or 617-358-4144 to reach the Control Center if you are on the Medical Campus.
During regular business hours or for routine problems, see Request Services.
What is considered an emergency?
Situations that jeopardize life or public safety, or that render your room, office, or classroom unlivable such as:
- Bodily fluids
- Power outage
- Chemical spills
- Roof or ceiling leak
- Broken lock/lock-out
- Broken window or door
- Toilet stopped/overflowing
- Too hot/too cold indoors, and/or unusual noise or odor from heating/cooling vents
What is not considered an emergency?
Unpleasant or inconvenient situations that are not life-threatening are considered routine and will be handled during regular business hours. See Request Services for issues such as:
- Repair of broken furniture
- Requests to move furniture or equipment
- Repair or replacement of paint, plaster, floor coverings, or window treatments
- Replacement of lightbulbs in installed light fixtures (where public safety is not in jeopardy)
- Access to another person’s room or office (In fact, this is neither a routine nor an emergency service because we can never provide access to a room or office that is not your own. You must obtain a key from the person who has promised you access.)