SCaR – Scleroderma Clinical Repository
Selection and Recruitment of Participants:
This study is designed to collect blood samples from patients with lcSSc and blood samples and skin biopsies from patients with dcSSc patients or SSc-ILD. All patients will have detailed clinical information collected.
All subjects must meet the following inclusion criteria:
- Subject is male or female over 18 years of age
- Subject has signed the informed consent form
- Subject must meet at least one of the following
Subject must have SSc as defined by the American College of Rheumatology
Subject must be suspected of having SSc based on clinical symptoms as determined by their physician
All subjects must not meet the following exclusion criteria:
- Subjects with clinically significant pulmonary, renal, cardiac, gastrointestinal or vascular disease which is not due to SSc. This would include secondary causes of pulmonary hypertension such as embolic disease or other organ involvement with apparent defined cause diagnosed before the initial study screening encounter.
- Diagnosis of any malignancy within the previous 2 years, excluding adequately treated squamous cell skin cancer, basal cell carcinoma, and carcinoma in situ.
- Presence of other co-morbid illnesses with an estimated median life expectancy < 5 years.