Boston Summer Attractions
- Head to the beach! Boston has a number of beaches that can be prime destinations to soak up the sun when the weather is right. Revere Beach is one of Boston’s most popular, and can be easily reached via the Blue Line.
- Visit the Isabella Student Gardner Museum! Admission is free with your BU student identification card.
- Take a walk through the Arnold Arboretum! The oldest public arboretum in North America, the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University is an educational and relaxing escape when the concrete and crowds of the city get overwhelming. The arboretum, which can be reached via the Orange Line, is open from sunrise to sunset everyday, and numerous tours are available throughout the week. Admission is free.
- See a movie on the waterfront! The Boston Harbor Hotel’s Summer in the City Series presents concerts and films by the harbor, and WBZ Radio’s Free Friday Flicks offers movies at the Hatch Shell on the Charles River Esplanade.
- Boat the Charles! The Charles River Canoe & Kayak gives you the option of renting single and double kayaks, canoes, or even rowboats from five different locations around the area; and the BU Sailing Pavilion gives students access to sailboard throughout the summer.