Diplomas, Transcripts & Accounts
Diplomas & Transcripts
We ask all degree candidates to update and verify your diploma and graduation information (through the Student Link).
To Update Your Graduation Information:
- In the Student Link, select Academics.
- Choose Diploma and Graduation.
- Review/update your diploma information (degree, major, school/college, how your name will appear).
Even if you’re not attending a ceremony, please update your information so we can accurately create your diploma.
- Select whether you’ll attend a convocation ceremony.
If you’re receiving a dual degree or you had multiple majors, please select which diploma ceremony you plan to attend.
- Verify or update your mailing address. The Registrar will begin mailing diplomas to those who select that option on June 19, 2017.
- Select how you want to receive your degree: at a ceremony, by mail, or through pick-up. If you don’t receive your diploma at a convocation ceremony, you can pick it up in the Registrar’s Office at 881 Comm. Ave. beginning on June 15, 2017. Mailing begins on June 19, 2017.
Current students can request official transcripts online from the Registrar’s Office.
For more information, contact the Registrar, 617-353-3612.
Student Accounts & Finances
To avoid a delay in getting your diploma, make sure to pay any outstanding balances by April 28, 2017. If you’ve met all academic requirements but miss the April 28th deadline, BU will make every effort to have your diploma awarded at Commencement after your payment is received. However, to guarantee your diploma’s availability for the Commencement Weekend ceremonies, you should meet the April 28th deadline.
For additional information regarding payment issues, contact Student Accounting Services, 617-353-2264.
Loan Exit Counseling
April 28 is the last day to complete your Federal Perkins Loan and Federal Direct Stafford Loan exit counseling requirements. If you’re a student borrower, you’ll receive instructions in spring.
For additional information regarding loan requirements, contact Financial Assistance, 617-353-2965.