Please note: To be added to the waitlist or enroll in additional COM credits you must fill out the forms below. We will not be handling inquiries by phone or in person for Spring 2018. Thank you.
Undergrad Course Waitlists:
The Department of Mass Communication, Advertising, and Public Relations allows students to be placed on a waitlist for the following courses should they become full via web registration:
- 301 – Principles and Practices of Public Relations*
- 317 – Introduction to Advertising*
- 321 – Mass Communication Research
- 323 – Design and New Media
- 331 – Writing for Communication
- 380 – Theory and Process of Communication*
The Spring 2018 waitlist opens on Oct. 30, 2017, and closes on Jan. 17, 2018.
*At this point, there are no waitlists for these courses due to open vacancies.
Students are assigned to vacancies based on prioritized need. If you have trouble accessing the website, please contact email@example.com.
Any course not listed above does not have an active waitlist.
Enrollment Assistance for Additional COM CM Credits:
COM students with inquiries regarding enrollment for additional Mass Communication, Advertising, and Public Relations courses must complete a request form. This only applies to any CM courses. To determine if you need a form, please review the following criteria below:
For COM students:
- Who wish to enroll in course with no active waitlist AND have reached their COM-course 14 credit web registration limit for juniors and seniors and 10 credit web registration limit for sophomores.
For non-COM students:
- Seeking enrollment in an additional COM class after registering for up to 6 COM-course credits through the BU Student Link at cross-registration.
The form opens on Nov. 13 at 11 a.m. (Nov. 14 for non-COM students).
Do NOT fill out this form for any course that has an open waitlist.
Students who submit this form will receive a notification of whether or not enrollment was successful. We will address all forms during regular business hours. Due to the volume of inquiries, please allow sufficient time for review before emailing the department (firstname.lastname@example.org).