Current Students



Please Note

Juniors and seniors may not register for more than 14 COM credits via WebReg. Please see your department for further instructions.

Only academic courses count toward graduation. PDP courses do not count toward graduation. If you have questions, please see COM Undergraduate Affairs, room 123.

Use the Student Link to plan your schedule and register.

A few registration tips:

  • AAC numbers are no longer needed to register for classes. If you have questions about your requirements, please make an appointment at COM Undergraduate Affairs after reviewing the registration information sheets listed below (by department).
  • Fall 2015 Mass Comm, Adv and PR registration information for juniors and seniors.
  • Fall 2015 Journalism registration information for juniors and seniors.
  • Fall 2015 Film and Television registration information for juniors and seniors.
  • Fall 2015 COM rising sophomore registration information.

  • Registration Information

    Please log on to the Student Link for add/drop deadlines.

    To ADD/DROP or CHANGE SECTIONS a student must use the StudentLink and may only do so on a space available basis (for adding or changing a section).

    To change from a grade to an audit (AU): Students must go to the professor with an add/drop form, have them sign it and return the form to COM room 123.


    Most non-COM students may register for COM courses on a space-available basis beginning the Tuesday after COM freshmen register. COM CO 101 is the required course for COM majors. COM CO 101 and certain other courses for Spring 2015 will be available during regular registration times. COM CO 201 is the required course for COM minors.

    Enrollment Status

    All COM undergraduates (except for second semester seniors) are expected to be enrolled as full-time students. The normal academic load in COM is four courses (16 credits). Students may take up to 18 credits without incurring extra charges. For more than 18 credits, please refer to the Overloading information page.

    Undergraduate students wishing to be part-time must submit a petition to Undergraduate Affairs room 123 in COM.

    Graduate students must report their part-time status to Graduate Affairs in COM room 132 or via email Failure to do so will result in an incorrect bill.

    Please keep in mind that students have seven (7) years in which to complete their degree.