Current Students



Please Note

Juniors and seniors may not register for more than 14 COM credits via WebReg. Please see your department for further instructions.

Only academic courses count toward graduation. PDP courses do not count toward graduation. If you have questions, please see COM Student Services, room 123.

Use the Student Link to plan your schedule and register.

A few registration tips:

  • AAC numbers are no longer needed to register for classes. If you have questions about your requirements, please make an appointment at COM Student Services after reviewing the registration information sheets listed below (by department). If you have questions about which classes may suit your career goals better or for other mentoring please see your assigned COM faculty advisor.
  • Fall 2014 Mass Comm, Adv and PR registration information for juniors and seniors.
  • Fall 2014 JO registration information for juniors and seniors.
  • Fall 2014 FTV registration information for juniors and seniors.
  • Fall 2014 rising COM sophomore registration information.

  • Registration Information

    Please log on to the Student Link for add/drop deadlines.

    To ADD/DROP or CHANGE SECTIONS a student must use the StudentLink and may only do so on a space available basis (for adding or changing a section).

    To change from a grade to an audit (AU): Students must go to the professor with an add/drop form, have them sign it and return the form to COM room 123.


    Non-COM students may register for COM courses on a space-available basis beginning the Tuesday after COM freshmen register. If you would like to find out more information on how to register for COM CO 101 please submit this form. COM CO 201 is the required course for COM minors.

    Enrollment Status

    All COM undergraduates (except for second semester seniors) are expected to be enrolled as full-time students. The normal academic load in COM is four courses (16 credits). Students may take up to 18 credits without incurring extra charges. For more than 18 credits, please refer to the Overloading information page.

    Undergraduate students wishing to be part-time must submit a petition to Assistant Dean Micha Sabovik.

    Graduate students must report their part-time status to Bill Taylor in room 119. Failure to do so will result in an incorrect bill.

    Please keep in mind that students have seven (7) years in which to complete their degree.