We at COM Career Services have created a guide on how to confidently walk into an interview. Included are sample interview questions, how to prep, research, and practice for your interviews.
Practice, practice, practice
Look through the interview questions and prepare answers. Don’t memorize your answers, but be ready to speak eloquently in response to each question.
Online Mock Interview Practice
Want to practice interviewing? Big Interview is an online mock interview system that will help you prepare effectively by improving your interview technique, practicing answers to tough questions, and building your confidence.
The system has a variety of tools including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum on interviewing and more
- Detailed tips for crafting answers to behavioral questions
STEP 1: Go to bu.biginterview.com to register using the “Register” button (top right).
STEP 2: Complete registration process
STEP 3: You’ll then receive a confirmation email at your @bu.edu email address. Click “Verify” in the email, and you’ll be able to start using Big Interview.
In-Person Practice with a Career Coach
To get some finishing touches, sign up for a mock interview with a career counselor by scheduling an appointment through Handshake.
Thank You Notes
Write one as soon as you’re done with your interview thanking the interviewer for their time. Keep it short and focus on notes you touched on during the interview. Follow up on anything you promised to do.