Find Jobs, Book Appointments, and Use Powerful Tools.
Handshake is our online career management system that provides a number services to BU students and alumni. Handshake is a place where employers post jobs and internships when they want to specifically hire BU students. It is a great opportunity to leverage BU’s connections and reputation to your benefit. Handshake is also where you make appointments with the career services center and gives you access to powerful tools like Big Interview and Going Global.
- Schedule appointments with Career Services
- Complete Profiles
- Post Resumes
- Search Qualified Jobs & Internships
- Apply for Jobs & Internships
- Apply for On-Campus Interviews
- Access BU Student Resources
- RSVP for Career Services events
Student User Guide to Handshake
- Go to Handshake.
- Click on “Boston University Student Login” button. (Do not try to register for a new account; if you are a current student you are already in the system.)
- Use your BU username and password once you are redirected to the BU Kerberos login page.
- After you have logged onto the system, click on the MY PROFILE tab and fill out your personal, academic, and career info for employers to view.
- Click on the DOCUMENTS tab, and then click the “Add New Document” button to upload your resume and cover letter.
- Click on the JOBS AND INTERNSHIP tab and search for jobs by keyword, skills, position, location, or industry.
If you have any questions about the system, please call us at (617) 353-3490 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: COM Career Services makes no guarantees concerning job or internship postings on its website. We are unable to evaluate each posting to assess its legitimacy. Students and alumni using this site must take the necessary precautions when interviewing for or accepting a position. This website also contains links to other websites as a convenience for its users. We are not responsible for the contents of any linked site. Anyone who discovers misuse or abuse of our website is encouraged to report the matter to COM Career Services.