Handshake is our online career management system that provides job and internship listings for BU students and alumni.
You have 24/7 access to the database, where you can apply to jobs and internships and post resumes, cover letters, and other job materials.
- Complete Profiles / Post Resumes
- Search Qualified Jobs & Internships
- Apply for Jobs/Internships
- Apply for On-Campus Interviews
- RSVP for Career Development events
If you have any questions about the system, please call us at (617) 353-3490 or email us at email@example.com.
Student User Guide
- Go to the Handshake
- Go to “Student Login”. Do not try to register for a new account; if you are a current student you are already in the system.
- Your username is your BU email address. If you don’t know your password, click the ‘forgot password’ button and a new password will be emailed to you. Your Handshake password is NOT your Kerberos password.
- After you have logged onto the system, click on the PROFILE tab and fill out all of the information in the “Personal”, “Academic”, and “Privacy” tabs.
- Click on the DOCUMENTS tab, click the “Add New” button to upload your resume and cover letter. Your resume will go into the “Pending Documents” queue until it has been approved by a COM Career Services Resume Specialist.
- To search for Internships/Jobs, click on the JOBS tab and select your search criteria.