Graduate Financial Aid
- 2015-2016 Tuition and Fees
- 2015-2016 Federal Stafford Loan Fact Sheet
- 2015-2016 Stafford Loan Processing Form
- 2015-2016 COM Assistantship Fact Sheet
- Apply for Assistantships
- Entrance Interview and Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note
- Medical Insurance Waiver
- Request PIN Number
- 2015-2016 Graduate Plus Loan is currently unavailable (Will post as soon as possible)
The College of Communication’s financial aid resources include various scholarship funds and graduate assistantships (teaching, research, administrative). In addition, graduate students can apply for the Federal Work-Study Program, Unsubsidized Federal Stafford/PLUS Loans, and other state and private funds. Numerous on-campus and off-campus employment opportunities are also available.
For current interest rates and loan fees, please visit the U.S. Department site.
Scholarship awards are merit-based on academic promise and the availability of funds. Eligibility for some types of assistance is determined by documented financial need. Individual departmental and faculty requirements determine graduate assistantships. The majority of scholarship is awarded during the admission process. A separate application for financial aid is not needed.
Available funds do not allow us to provide assistance to all graduate students; however, most receive partial support and avail themselves of the various loan programs to further finance their education.
The University and the College of Communication assume that all students will contribute financially to their graduate education.
In order to be considered for any Federal aid (including Work-Study and loans) you must submit a Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA). You may apply online at http://fafsa.ed.gov/
Continuing Students Only (Fall and/or Spring)
- Download the Stafford Loan Processing Form. Please mail this form to: COM Student Services,
640 Commonwealth Ave, Room 123, Boston, MA 02215
- Make sure you fill out the FAFSA as well at http://fafsa.ed.gov/ if applying for any federal loans
- Private loan applications (including the Federal PLUS loan application) will be available in July. We will contact students to let them know when it is appropriate to apply for these particular loans.
Summer Stafford Loans
- Summer Stafford Loan Information and Application. Please note that students must turn this form into COM Graduate Services, room 123 after you register for summer classes. Students must register for at least 6 academic credits over the course of the summer in order to be eligible. Summer borrowing may impact the amount of Stafford Loan you are eligible for in future semesters.
- The Federal Grad PLUS Loan Fact Sheet and Application is also available for the summer. We encourage you to apply for the Summer Stafford BEFORE the PLUS.
For additional financial aid help from resources outside of Boston University, we suggest you try the following search engines and loan centers. Please note that these search engines are not affiliated with College of Communication or Boston University and should be used for informational purposes only.
|Federal Loan Consolidation Information|
|Zinch scholarship database|