Olympic coverage spans sports, politics & business
From the streets to the stadium, student reporters in BU’s London Olympics program have covered many stories of the 2012 London Olympics. Among them: Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney’s visit, a high school chorus group from Mass. performing in London and the BBC’s plan to broadcast the Games.
Students have interviewed spectators, athletes, journalists and others for audio and video reports for the program’s professional partners. Many of these videos have attracted thousands of hits on YouTube. This program was one of few programs to be featured in this PBS article on collegiate journalism programs covering the 2012 London Olympics.
- Keesa McKoy reports on U.S. gymnast, Aly Raisman
- Victoria Price covers Mitt Romney’s concerns over Olympic security
- Yani Carter reports on six UConn players competing in the U.S.A. women’s basketball
- Casey Rabin interviews former BU student on Great Britain’s women’s basketball team
- Justin Bourke interviews the U.S.A. judo coach
- Ashley Lisenby interviews fans on the crowded venues
- Carolyn Bick interviews two American ex-patriots on cycling race (with Megan Happ’s photography)
- Brittany Devane interviews American gold medalist on the U.S.’s first medal in men’s archery
- Alexandra Orr documents two Olympic hopefuls from Massachusetts
- Matt Reed interviews British bystanders on Mitt Romney
- Marie Torto reports on the anticipated start of the 2012 London Olympics
- Amy Gorel reports on the Olympics’ impact on local businesses