Mentor/Mentee Agreement Form
Goal: To encourage guided communication between students and alumni in an effort to promote professional and personal growth for all involved.
- Mentees need to have a minimum GPA of 3.0 prior to applying for a mentor and must maintain it throughout the year-long mentoring program.
- Mentee must be a COM student.
- This is a one year program.
- Mentors and mentees must be in contact at least once per month.
- When in contact with the mentor, the mentee should have clear goals ready to present to the mentor and keep track of progress or lack thereof.
- Mentors must make a concerted effort to help students achieve their goals.
- Once per month (following communication with the mentor) the mentee must update COM Connection Assistant.
- If the mentee misses two months of communication they forfeit their mentor relationship.
- Students who are disqualified from the mentoring program cannot reapply for one year.
- When reapplying students need two letters of recommendation (can be as informal as professor e-mailing COM Career Services).
- If the mentor misses two months of communication they are flagged.
- Students and mentors must fill out an evaluation form at the end of the year that will attempt to assess how effective/beneficial the mentor/mentee relationship faired and what they would like to see next time.
- If problems or concerns arise, please notify COM Connection Assistants immediately.