The BU Center for Molecular Discovery (BU-CMD) currently oversees the continued curation, distribution, and expansion of the small molecule screening collection assembled by the Center for Chemical Methodology and Library Development at Boston University (CMLD-BU). Beginning in 2001, we have produced thousands of compounds in chemically diverse small-molecule libraries as a part of a mission to develop efficient, general, state-of-the-art methodologies for synthesis.
CHEMICAL LIBRARY CONSORTIUM
To facilitate the use of these libraries in biological research, we have established the Boston University Chemical Library Consortium (CLC), consisting of a network of investigators who evaluate these compound libraries in biological assays. We continue to be interested in identifying investigators who would like to join the CLC in order to have access to collections of molecules that are produced by the CMD/CMLD synthesis cores.
JOINING THE CLC
If you are interested in screening our compounds, please submit our CLC questionnaire. After you have completed the questionnaire, we will then arrange a time for further discussions concerning future research collaborations.
Some representative current CLC collaborators include:
- Dr. Adrian Whitty, Associate Professor of Chemistry, Boston University
- Dr. Karen Allen, Professor of Chemistry, Boston University
- Dr. Sandor Vajda, Professor of Biomolecular Engineering and Chemistry, Boston University
- Dr. John Connor, Associate Professor of Microbiology, Boston University
- Dr. David Farb, Professor and Chair, Department of Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics, Boston University
- Dr. Igor Kramnik, Associate Professor of Medicine, Boston University
- Dr. Susan Lindquist, Member, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research
- Dr. Luke Whitesell, Research Scientist, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research
- Dr. James Bradner, Assistant Professor and Investigator, Harvard Medical School and Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Dr. James Inglese, Investigator, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences
- Dr. Carl Nathan, Chairman of Microbiology and Immunology, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Dr. R. Kiplin Guy, Chairman, Department of Chemical Biology and Therapeutics, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Dr. John Beutler, Head, Chemical Diversity Development Section, Molecular Targets Library, National Cancer Institute
- Dr. James McKerrow, Director, Center for Discovery and Innovation in Parasitic Diseases
- Dr. Jerry Pelletier, Professor of Biochemistry, McGill University
If you would like to learn more about this program, please contact Lauren Brown at email@example.com.