Jobs and Internships
The Boston University City Planning and Urban Affairs (BUCPUA) Career Digest is a shared platform for our community to spread opportunities for professional development. This biweekly campaign provides notices of jobs, internships, fellowships, conferences, workshops and more. If you would like to share an opportunity for professional development, please contact us at email@example.com.
A small number of Graduate Assistantships are available to matriculating students. These offer up to $4,200 in tuition remission in exchange for research and administrative work (10-20 hours per week) These is also, at times, a very limited amount of scholarship support available to outstanding students. Information about both of these opportunities are made available to students when they are admitted to the degree program. Please note that certificate students are not eligible to apply for a Graduate Assistantship or scholarships.
Additional Career Resources
- Center for Career Development
- American Planning Association
- Metropolitan Area Planning Council
- O-NET Online (Job Descriptions for “Urban Planner”)
- Congress for the New Urbanism
- Mayors’ Institute on City Design
- Partnership for Sustainable Communities
- NeighborWorks America
- Project for Public Spaces
- MIT City Science
- Strong Towns
- American Collegiate Schools of Planning