Classrooms and Ratios
The expanded center will serve children ages eight weeks to five years old in seven separate classrooms. Children will be placed into classrooms based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, chronological age and developmental stage, classroom structure and dynamics, and family input.
Each classroom will be staffed with three full-time lead teachers in addition to support staff, such as float teachers and assistant teachers. The Infant, Infant/Toddler, and Toddler classrooms will also have an additional part-time lead teacher to support the classroom during the busier times of the day.
Possible Age Range
|Infant 1:||8 weeks – 15 months||7||3.5|
|Infant 2:||8 weeks – 15 months||7||3.5|
|Infant/Toddler:||12 months – 2 years 9 months||9||3.5|
|Toddler:||18 months – 3 years||9||3.5|
|Preschool 1:||2 years 9 months – 5 years||20||3|
|Preschool 2:||2 years 9 months – 5 years||20||3|
|Pre-Kindergarten:||4 years – 5 years||20||3|
- The center is open Monday through Friday from 8 am until 6 pm.
- Each classroom and age group’s daily schedule will differ in order to meet the needs, interests, and routines of the children in an age-appropriate way.
The playground and outdoor space is an extension of our classroom. We value outdoor time and consider it an integral part of your child’s day. It provides your child the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop while nurturing a love for outdoor spaces.
Our playgrounds have been designed to meet the developmental needs of all children, and our curriculum extends to our outdoor spaces. We are committed to nature-based learning and encourage children to play in and explore all aspects of our outdoor classroom.
Our playground space includes:
- Natural wood materials
- A variety of surfaces that encourage a child to run, jump, climb, and slide
- Active spaces, such as
- a tricycle track
- a large climbing structure
- Areas for exploration, including
- a mud kitchen
- a large sand area for digging
- hammocks for relaxing and enjoying the outdoors