We build strong personal connections with our families and provide support with the complexities of work-life and family-life, while also honoring the relationships between parents and their children.
Our teachers and staff are highly qualified
- Committed, well-educated, and well-trained staff are essential to creating a high-quality early learning environment.
- Our program supports and guides our staff in creating a highly desirable work and learning environment, where teachers are valued and respected.
- Our teachers are guides of learning and development and they are caregivers for children.
- Our teachers are a support and resource for families.
- Our teachers connect personally with the children in our program and provide nurturing and loving care.
- We create a foundation of trust, allowing children to learn and grow in a warm and caring environment.
Communication is key
- No one knows your child better than their family.
- We encourage frequent conversations to learn more about what you see of your child at home.
- We also share what we see of your child when they are in our care.
Children learn through play
- They investigate and explore materials and activities that interest them both in the classroom and outdoors.
- Our philosophy draws from many different, well-respected educational approaches, including Constructivism, Montessori, and Reggio Emilia.
- Children play an active role in making choices about their day, taking care of themselves, and creating their own learning experiences.
- We support the social and emotional growth as well as the development of physical and cognitive skills of the children in our care.
We respect diversity and community
- We respect and celebrate diversity within our community.
- We create a strong sense of community and acceptance through developmentally appropriate discussions, activities, materials, and books.
- We provide exposure to and representation of differences at an early age.
We respect the environment and nurture a culture of sustainability
- We teach and use sustainable practices in all that we do at the Center.
- Reusing, recycling, composting, and gardening are important parts of everyday life in our program.
- Children are inspired to understand and care for their environment.