Publications with REU Co-Authors
Yellow – 2007 – 2009 REU; Green, 2013 – 2015 REU
1) “Development of an Automated Microfluidic Reaction Platform for Multidimensional Screening: Reaction Discovery Employing Bicyclo[3.2.1]octanoid Scaffolds” John R. Goodell, Jonathan P. McMullen, Nikolay Zaborenko, Jason R. Maloney, Chuan-Xing Ho (REU 2007), Klavs F. Jensen, John A. Porco, Jr. and Aaron B. Beeler. J. Org. Chem. 2009, 74, 6169-6180.
2) “Revisiting the IspH Catalytic System in the Deoxyxylulose Phosphate Pathway: Achieving High Activity” Youli Xiao, Lisa Chu (REU 2008), Yiannis Sanakis and Pinghua Liu. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 9931-9933.
3) "Optimizing the switching function for non-equilibrium free-energy calculations: An on-the-fly approach." Gerrick E. Lindberg, Timothy C. Berkelbach (REU 2007), and Feng Wang, J. Chem. Phys. 2009, 130, 174705.
4) “Histone Acetyltransferase p300 is a Coactivator for Transcription Factor REL and is C-Terminally Truncated in the Human Diffuse arge B-Cell Lymphoma Cell Cine RC-K8.” Garbati, M. R.; Alco, G. (REU 2009), Gilmore, T. D. Canc. Lett., 2010, 291, 237.
5) “Electron Transfer Photoredox Catalysis: Intramolecular Radical Addition to Indoles and Pyrroles.” J. Tucker, J. Narayanam, Scott Krabbe (REU 2009), C. Stephenson Org. Lett. 2010, 12, 368.
6) “Electronic structure of N,N’-ethylene-bis(1,1,1-trifluoropentane-2,4-dioneiminato)-copper(II) (Cu-TFAC), from soft X-ray spectroscopies and density functional theory calculations.” A. DeMasi; S. W. Cho; L. F. J. Piper; A. R. H. Preston; K. E. Smith; R. J. Allenbaugh; W. Alex Barksdale (REU 2007); L. H. Doerrer Chem. Phys. 2010, 12, 3171.
7) “Tin-Free Radical Cyclization Reactions Initiated by Visible Light Photoredox Catalysis.” J. W. Tucker; J. D. Nguyen; J. M. R. Narayanam; Scott W. Krabbe (REU 2009); C. R. Stephenson Chem. Commun. 2010, 46, 4985.
8) ”Structural correlates of protein melting temperature.” E. A. Franzosa; K. J. Lynagh (REU 2009); Y. Xia Proceedings of the 4th International Beilstein Symposium on Experimental Standard Conditions of Enzyme Characterizations (2010), pp 99-106.
9) “Quantifying Lipid Contents in Enveloped Virus Particles with Plasmonic Nanoparticles” A. Feizpour, X. Yu, H. Akiyama, C. M. Miller, E. Edmonds (REU 2013); S. Gummuluru, B. M. Reinhard Small 2015, 11 (13), 1592-1602.
10) “Gallium(III) Promoted Halocyclizations of 1,6-Diynes.” Strom, K. R.; Impastato, A. C.; Moy, K. J.; Landreth, A. J. (REU 2014); Snyder, J. K. Org. Lett. 2015 17 (9), 2126-2129.
1) Alco, G. M. (REU 2009), Garbati & TD Gilmore. 2009. “Histone acetyltransferase p300, a coactivator for transcription factor REL, is C-terminally truncated in the human diffuse large B-cell lymphoma cell line RC-K8.” American Cancer Society National Meeting & Exposition. August 16-20, 2009. Washington DC, Poster presentation by Goekcen M. Alco.
2) Krabbe, S. W. (REU 2009); Tucker, J. W.; Narayanam, J. M.; Stephenson, C. R. “Intramolecular C-C Bond Formation by Photoredox Catalysis.” American Chemical Society, 239th National Meeting, March 2010, San Francisco, CA. Talk presented by Corey Stephenson.
3) Landreth, A. J. (REU 2013); Strom, K.; Snyder, J. K.; Kedrowski, B. “Synthetic Utilization and Exploration of Gallium” From Abstracts of Papers, 247th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Dallas, TX, March 16-20, 2014. CHED-1022. Poster presentation by Adrian Landreth
4) Tahsini, Laleh; Tiedemann, Margaret (REU 2013); Doerrer, Linda H. “Oxygen Donor Ligands and Oxidation States”. From Abstracts of Papers, 247th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Dallas, TX, United States, March 16-20, 2014 (2014), INOR-421. Talk presented by Linda Doerrer
5) J. Fore, W. R. Premasiri, J. Irvine, M. Hatfield (REU 2014), A. N. Brodeur, L. D. Ziegler, “Body fluid analysis by surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy for forensic applications”, August 13, 2014, XXIVth International Conference on Raman Spectroscopy, Jena Germany, invited talk presented by Larry Ziegler.
6) S Penix (REU 2014), A Yeo & TD Gilmore. Characterization on of an Inhibitor of the NF-κB Signaling Protein NEMO. American Society for Cell Biology Annual Conference. December 2014, Philadelphia, PA. Poster. Poster presentation by Suhaily Penix.
7) A. Woods (REU 2014), J. Freedman, M. Grinstaff “Contrast Agents: New Positively Charged Contrast Agents For Diagnosis of Osteoarthritis” 2015 Emerging Researchers National (ERN) Conference in STEM, Washington, D.C., Feb 19 – 21, 2015. Poster presentation by Adam Woods
8) Kingston, Shanika (REU 2014); Cunningham, Laura; Caradonna, John P. “Dioxygen Activation by Mononuclear Non-Heme Iron Oxygenases and the Corresponding Model Complexes” Abstracts of Papers, 249th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Denver, CO, United States, March 22-26, 2015 (2015), CHED-577. Talk presented by John Caradonna.
9) Zhe Mei (REU 2015), Lawrence D. Ziegler, “Body Fluid Study by Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy for Medical and Forensic Application”. AAAS 2016 Annual Meeting – Washington, DC, Feb. 14, 2016. Poster presentation by Zhe Mei.