- Benjy Cooper
Research group: Grinstaff Group
• Research: Benjy is developing polymeric biomaterials to restore lubrication and compressive strength to osteoarthritic cartilage.
• Aspirations: Interested in a career in which he can both investigate polymer fundamentals, as well as contribute to medical device development.
• Fun Fact: Enjoys playing ultimate Frisbee, listening to gospel music, and cooking Russian food with his wife, Sofya.
- Greg Ng Pack
Research group: Ziegler Group
• Research: Greg uses ultrafast 2D-IR spectroscopy to study the solvation dynamics of supercritical solutions on the femtosecond to picosecond timescale.
• Aspirations: To understand the world more deeply through developing and applying new optical approaches for experimental analysis of chemical systems that can impact society.
• Fun Fact: Enjoys graphic design; in fact, Greg designed the BU Chemistry department logo.
- Ariel Hyre
Research group: Doerrer Group
• Research: Ariel’s research involves work on water oxidation, 1-D molecular nanowire synthesis, and production of nanoparticles for magnetic contrast imaging.
• Aspirations: Plans to continue working towards a sustainable future by conducting both research and political outreach.
• Fun Fact: Minored in Political Science to learn about public policies related to the environment.
Information on faculty research interests, facilities, degree requirements and graduate student support are available from the categories listed on our pages above. Please contact us with further questions regarding any aspects of our graduate program and do not hesitate to contact individual faculty regarding their research activities or research plans.