Office: SCI 452B
Office hours: By appointment
- B.S. in Chemistry, Yale University, 1979
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Boston University, 1996
- CH 131 Principles of General Chemistry
- CH 171 Life Science Chemistry I
- CH 172 Life Science Chemistry II
- CH 203 Organic Chemistry I
- CH 204 Organic Chemistry II
- Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, Boston University, 1986-2006
- Lecturer, Harvard University Extension School, 1996-2003
- Research Associate, Department of Chemistry, Boston University, 1987-89
- Conducted photochemistry research sponsored by the U.S. Navy
- Rubio, B.I. Principles of General Chemistry: A Laboratory Manual, 2nd ed; Houghton Mifflin: Boston, 2006.
- Davis, W.E.; DeJesus, E.X.; Racciopi, J.V.; Rubio, B.I.; Schoch, R.M. Conceptual Physical Science, 10th ed.; McGraw-Hill: Pittsburgh, 2005.
- Borysenko, C.; Sommer, M.; Rubio, B.I. Introduction to Organic Chemistry: A Laboratory Manual; BookTech: Watertown, MA, 2000.
- Lichtin, N.N.; Vijayakumar, K.M.; Rubio, B.I. “Photoassisted reduction of CO2 by H2 over metal oxides in the absence and presence of water vapor”, Journal of Catalysis, 1987, 104, 246.
- Lichtin, N.N.; Vijayakumar, K.M.; Rubio, B.I. “Effects of light intensity, wavelength, temperature and concentration of reactants on the photopromoted reaction of CO2 with H2 over TiO2 and Pt/TiO2″, 198th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, September 10-15, 1989, Miami Beach, FL.
- Lichtin, N.N.; Vijayakumar, K.M.; Rubio, B.I. “Photopromoted solid-catalyzed hydrogenation of CO2″, 7th International Conference on Photochemical Conversion and Storage of Solar Energy, July 31-August 5, 1988, Evanston, IL.
- Lichtin, N.N.; Vijayakumar, K.M.; Rubio, B.I. “Photoassisted hydrogenation of CO2 over CoOMoO3 supported on Al2O3: Dependence on wavelength and intensity of light and on reactant concentrations”, 3rd Chemical Congress of North America, June 5-10, 1988, Toronto, ON, Canada.