Help us to continue our commitment to excellence in teaching and research by “investing” in BU Chemistry through a donation to the fund of your choice:
- $100 to $1,500 will help fund undergraduate and graduate student travel and participation at conferences both in the US and abroad.
- $5,000 to $$20,000 to supplement financial aid and recruitment of an undergraduate chemistry major from a disadvantaged background.
- $10,000 to $50,000 to support a Chemistry Alumni Research Fund that will seed an innovative interdisciplinary research project by a collaborating team of faculty and students.
- $200,000 to $500,000 will endow an annual graduate student fellowship for a highly deserving chemistry graduate student in an advanced year of graduate study.
- $200,000 will establish an endowed fund to support an annual named symposium or lectureship hosting a nationally acclaimed external speaker in a selected discipline.
- $1 million to $2 million will endow a career development chair to help recruit a new faculty member or support the retention of a current faculty member to raise and maintain the quality of our programs for students.
- Contributions to further grow existing funds:
- Laursen Endowment – in honor of Professor Emeritus Richard Laursen, which supports summer research for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Lichtin Award for Excellence in Research – established in honor of Prof. Emeritus and former Chair, Dr. Norman Lichtin, a distinguished research scientist and former Chair. The award recognizes student who is distinguished by exceptional contributions to research in their doctoral studies.
- Sugata Ray Memorial Award for International Students: established by the Ray family in memory of their son, Sugata Ray, a former graduate student in the Chemistry Department. It recognizes an international Ph.D. candidate each year who excels in his or her graduate studies (research, academic, teaching, or service).
- Feldman Award: s established by the Feldman family to memorialize Julius Feldman, for many years Associate Chairman, who took a special interest in the welfare of graduate students. It recognizes outstanding accomplishments in research, teaching, or service.
- Feldman Fund Graduate Travel Award: provides financial assistance to graduate students to attend scientific meetings in order to present their research work.
For information on how to give to BU Chemistry, please click “How to Give“
If you need any additional information to help you make your decision, please contact:
Chief Advancement Officer, College of Arts and Sciences, Boston University
595 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite 700, Boston, MA 02215
Office: 617-358-1214 / Cell: 857-212-2017