Marsh Chapel has beautiful wood carvings and pews, slate floors, and large stained glass windows. For this reason, many brides and grooms choose not to add decorative elements to the Chapel, but if you choose to do so, decorations should be kept at a minimum in order to preserve the beauty of the Chapel.
Marsh Chapel is unable to host wedding receptions of any kind.
- The Chapel can provide a kneeler.
- The Chapel can provide a unity candleholder. The wedding couple must provide the unity and taper candles themselves.
- The aisle length is 85 feet. The bridal couple or florist should supply a runner of 100 ft. if so desired. The width of the aisle is about 5 feet 4 inches. Low-quality runners are not recommended—the aisle is stone and inexpensive runners can be treacherous.
- There are 17 pews on each side of the Chapel.
- The Main Chapel seats 400 people.
- The Robinson Chapel (located in the basement of Marsh Chapel) seats 60-70 people.
- There are rooms downstairs in which the wedding party may wait or dress prior to the Ceremony.
- There is a handicapped lift for use by your guests in the Marsh Chapel. However, there is no convenient restroom on the main floor, and no access to the lower levels of the Chapel.
- The location of the pews, grand piano, and altar may not be changed.
- Adhesive tape and tacks may not be used to hang pew markers or ribbons.
- Rice, bird seed, and confetti may not be thrown in the Chapel or outside of the Chapel.
- Doves or butterflies may not be released inside or outside of the Chapel.
- Rose petals may not be thrown in front of the Chapel, but, at the discretion of the Wedding Director, may be sprinkled along the aisle during the processional.
- Bubbles may not be blown in the Chapel, but they may be blown in front of the Chapel.
- A fine of $50 for custodial services will be levied if these regulations are ignored. Please inform your guests of these rules.
The Wedding Director will be present during the rehearsal and the ceremony, and will be able to answer your questions. Should you have questions before the rehearsal, feel free to email the Wedding Director at email@example.com.