Transfer Credits

CGS Core courses

  • CGS core course credit will be given for approved courses taken outside Boston University only if the grade earned is “C” or higher.
  • Credit will be given but grades earned outside of Boston University are not computed in the student’s Boston University grade point average.
  • Pass/Fail/Audited courses are not acceptable.
  • All external work must be outside the Massachusetts route 128 beltway. A list of schools within the 128 beltway is available in CGS Student Services, room 211.
  • If students plan to make up a core course outside of Boston University, they must complete the Inter-Collegiate Course Transfer Request form.
  • Students are responsible for having an official transcript sent to CGS. Official transcripts should be sent to the address below:

Stacy P. Godnick, Associate Dean, Student Academic Life
Boston University, College of General Studies
871 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, MA 02215

Elective Courses

Students planning to transfer credit for non-CGS core courses must have them approved by the relevant academic department at Boston University.