Skills employers are seeking.
From entrepreneur to intern at O, the Oprah Magazine
Emma Johnson (CGS’17, COM’19) designed faux-fur key chains that landed on Oprah’s Favorite Things list. It launched her to a summer internship with O, the Oprah Magazine.
Students give back through nonprofit internships
CGS spent their time interning for great causes—from ambulances and oncology wards in New York to dental clinics in Peru and immigrant communities in Massachusetts.
A day in the life of an iConcept media group intern
Morgan Cheung does a #Terriertakeover during his internship. Morgan worked as a political journalist at iConcept Media Group, and he’s helping to film a documentary called “Untold Stories.”
Meet the designer behind Chemical X fashion company
Paolo Moreno (CGS’18) assisted well-known fashion photographer Marco Glaviano in a summer internship and accompanied him to Fashion Week in Milan.Read
Connect with BU resources.
- Talk with your CGS academic advisor about your passions and career goals.
- Visit Boston University Center for Career Development for resources on resume, job searches, and career advice.
- Join Handshake, BU’s online hub for career resources, internships and job listings.
- Apply for Boston University’s funded internship programs
- Read career advice from Boston University alumni
- Join the Career Advisory Network and connect with CGS alumni for advice and mentorship.
"I am happy that my studies of the humanities and literature at BU lend to my work now."
Christine Mastrangelo (CGS’00, CAS’02) parlayed her English major into a career mixing business and social justice at the venture capital firm Cue Ball Capital. And she runs a summer internship for BU students interested in venture capital and entrepreneurship.Read