Explore Transferring to CGS …
- If you want a world-class research university experience and a small-college feel as you transition to a new place
- If you want one-on-one academic advising for a smooth transition
- If you want a strong liberal arts foundation, electives toward your major, and a Capstone experience that ties it all together
What is the CGS Transfer Experience?
- CGS students enter in September, in the first semester of your second year of college studies
- Attending University Orientation will get you up to speed on all that BU has to offer—whether it’s our 450+ student groups, research and internship opportunities, or even tips on getting to know Boston
- Stacy Godnick, associate dean for student academic life, will personally work with you on your academic plan, facilitating a smooth transition
- You will take CGS courses that will fulfill the University’s general education requirement, the BU Hub.
- You will finish off your year with a Capstone project that teaches teamwork, communications, and how to synthesize interdisciplinary learning
What Are My Next Steps?
Explore the Program: Learn more about the classes available during your year at CGS. Stacy Godnick, associate dean for student academic life, will work with you to develop an academic plan based on your transfer credits, your intended major, and the University’s general education requirements.
Visit CGS: If you’re able, we’d love to welcome you for a visit to CGS. Drop in on a class, have lunch with a CGS student, and meet with a CGS academic advisor.
Take a Virtual Tour: Take a virtual tour of Boston University’s residential life, campus offerings, and academic programs.
Apply to Transfer: All undergraduate transfers for the College of General Studies are managed centrally through the Boston University Office of Admissions. Visit their website to learn about the transfer application process.