Tax Treaty Tax Exemption

How to Apply for Tax Exemption Per a Tax Treaty

To set up an appointment to discuss your tax treaty benefits please contact the Payroll Office at 617-353-2270 or come visit the Payroll Office at 25 Buick Street 1st Floor on the Charles River Campus, located near Harry Agganis Arena.

Required Documents when visiting the Payroll Office:

  • Foreign National Information Sheet
  • Passport
  • Visa
  • Where it states I-94 form, both sides (located inside your passport) – NOTE: beginning August 26th 2013, copies can be obtained at
  • appropriate immigration documentation
    • J-1 – Form DS-2019
    • F-1 – Form I-20
    • H-1B – Form 797A

*Please make sure all of your copies are clear and all information is visible.

Note:If you change your visa status or receive an extension on your visa please send a copy of
your updated documentation to the Payroll Office as soon as you receive it.

The Payroll Department cannot help with the filing of tax returns. The office suggests that you get a personal tax accountant that specializes in Nonresident Alien taxing to assist you.