Frequently Asked Questions

How can I find out the status of a check?

If you need to find out whether or not a check has been paid, you can e-mail us or call our office at 617-353-4266 with the check number, the amount, and the issue date of the check, and we will research the status of that check.

How can I get a copy of a canceled check?

In our office, we have copies of checks up to the month prior to the current month. If the check was cashed, we will find the copy and either fax, e-mail, or mail it to you.

How do I cancel and reissue a check?

Once you have confirmed with us that a check has not been cashed (is outstanding), you can call Accounts Payable (for AP checks), or the office from which the check originated, and ask them to cancel the check and reissue it.

What is an authorized signature form? Where do I send it once I have filled one out?

An authorized signature form lists everyone in a specific department who is authorized to sign for activity on an account. When you have filled out this form, you should mail it to our office. This form should be updated whenever there has been a change in who is authorized to sign for an account.