Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I contact Systems Support for help?
- I’m locked out and can’t access my e-mail or network account. What should I do?
- What do I do if I forget my password?
- I have a piece of software I want installed on a computer. Who should I contact?
- How do I check my e-mail when I’m away from the office?
- How do I access the Financial Affairs network from home?
We are available by e-mail, phone, or in person. Visit our Contact Us page for details.
If you know your password, wait 15 minutes and try again. If you need your account unlocked immediately, get in touch with one of our experts.
- For Mac/e-mail password resets, please contact Greg Johnston at 617-353-6460 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Windows/e-mail password resets, please contact Jason Sheehan at 617-353-7757 or email@example.com
- For UIS password resets or lockouts, please contact Dave Hruban at 617-353-2290 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find the names and contact information of our other experts on the Contact Us page.
Systems Support manages all the software installations within Financial Affairs. Only University purchased, licensed, and supported software may be installed on a University-owned computer. Contact Systems Support to arrange an installation.
Go to https://xmail.bu.edu and log in with your user name and password.
Download, install, and connect to the Boston University Virtual Private Network. Instructions are included here. Once connected, double click My Computer and connect to the shared drives.