Undergraduate Portfolio Requirements
Applicants to the undergraduate program in the School of Visual Arts at Boston University may either upload their portfolio online, or attend an on-campus portfolio review day. Portfolios are to consist of at least fifteen (15) and not more than twenty (20) samples of work. The portfolio review committee is especially interested in seeing examples of the applicant’s ability to work from observation.
There are three required samples of work:
- At least one portrait drawing (a self-portrait or portrait from life)
- At least one still-life drawing (from actual objects)
- At least one composition of recognizable objects (a drawing or painting)
Portfolios consisting primarily of photography are not acceptable.
The Early Decision portfolio submission deadline is November 15, 2013.
The Regular Decision portfolio submission deadline is January 31, 2014.
UPLOAD PORTFOLIO ONLINE
If you have any questions about the portfolio submission and review process, please call the School of Visual Arts at 617-353-3371, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Campus Portfolio Feedback and Review Days
The Boston University School of Visual Arts offers both Portfolio Feedback sessions and final Portfolio Reviews. Feedback sessions allow prospective students to meet with a faculty member to discuss their portfolio before applying to the University. A Portfolio Review is for applicants who choose to present their final admissions portfolio on campus instead of submitting it online. All portfolio days give students the opportunity to meet with faculty members and staff and to take student-led tours.
Portfolio Feedback Days:
- Friday, September 27, 2013 noon-2PM
- Friday, October 11, 2013 noon-2PM
College of Fine Arts Visitor’s Day: Friday, October 25, 2013 8:30AM-2:30PM
- Portfolio Reviews for Early Decision and Trustees Scholarship applicants
- Portfolio Feedback for Regular Decision applicants
- Student-led tours, panels with Admissions and Financial Aid representatives.
- Discussions with Visual Arts faculty and students.
- Lunch with other prospective students, current School of Visual Arts students, faculty and staff.
- Click here to learn more about Visitor’s Day
Portfolio Review Days
- Check back soon for the January 2014 Portfolio Review schedule.