Graduate Admissions Procedures
These procedures should be followed for all programs. In addition, please review specific application requirements for the program to which you are applying.
Prospective students must apply online. Portfolios must be submitted digitally. Please do not send CD’s or paper portfolios. Portfolio requirements and digital submission. All admission documents except transcripts should be submitted as part of the application or digitally (portfolios).
Please have official transcripts sent to:
Boston University College of Fine Arts
855 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 230
Boston, MA 02215
Applicants to the College of Fine Arts must submit a complete application, including all supporting materials before auditioning or submitting a portfolio. This includes programs that require a preliminary audition.
Applications to all programs must include:
- Completed College of Fine Arts application for graduate admission.
- Artistic Resumé
- Official transcript from each college attended, to be requested by applicant.
- Two-page statement of purpose describing your career goals and why you are applying
- Non-refundable application fee of $70
- Two recommendations
- Digitally submitted portfolio (see program requirements)
Please do not enclose application materials in extra envelopes, binders, folders, or plastic covers. In addition, be sure to review specific application requirements for the School and program to which you are applying.