Outside the Classroom
Summer in Boston
At VASI, students are expected to work hard and take their classes very seriously, but they always get to have a little fun as well.
Boston in the summertime is an amazing place, and VASI students get to experience all the city’s “greatest hits.” Evening and weekend activities change each summer, but some past favorites include:
- Getting acquainted with the city, and the Charles River, aboard a Boston Duck Tour
- Checking out sculptural inspirations (and getting in some beach time) at the New England Sand Sculpting Festival
- Exploring the Civil War-era fort at the Boston Harbor Islands National Park Area
- Attending summer concerts and street festivals throughout the city
- Going to the 4th of July fireworks and Boston Pops concert on the Esplanade
- Attending Shakespeare in the Park on Boston Common
- And of course, visiting Boston’s incredible museums including the Museum of Fine Arts, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and the Museum of Science
All activities are included in the VASI tuition, as is travel on the T, Boston’s public transit system.
Students have a variety of activities to keep themselves busy on campus as well, including working in their studios, open drawing sessions, movie nights, and indoor swimming and rock wall climbing at the BU Fitness and Recreation Center.