School of Theatre Subscription
Six productions and a variety of benefits, all for $50!
Huntington Theatre Company subscribers pay just $40.
Experience the innovative talent of the next generation of theatre artists when you purchase a BU School of Theatre 2012-2013 Subscription Series, with titles inspired by the College of Fine Arts ‘Keyword: Resilience’ initiative. Enjoy a selection of 6 productions from the School of Theatre and the Boston Center for American Performance (BCAP), the School of Theatre’s professional extension. Titles include:
- Camille by Alexandre Dumas
The tragic love story of a 19th century Parisian courtesan.
October 13-20, 2012
- The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds by Paul Zindel – BCAP
A Pulitzer Prize-winner about a teenager’s struggle to ‘bloom’ despite her family’s dysfunction.
October 31 – November 18, 2012
- Anne Boleyn by Howard Brenton
A time-traveling exploration of Henry VIII’s notorious second wife.
December 11-16, 2012
- The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
The events of the Odyssey as recalled by Penelope, Odysseus’ ever-faithful wife.
February 22 – March 2, 2013
- Blood Knot by Athol Fugard – BCAP
A scathing indictment of apartheid told through the eyes of two biracial brothers.
February 14 – March 2, 2013
- The Skin of Our Teeth by Thornton Wilder
A satiric fable that follows the Antrobus family through centuries of war, plague, and an ice age.
May 3-10, 2013
SOT Subscriber Benefits:
- Membership in the StageSource “Circle of Friends,” providing SOT subscribers with an opportunity to purchase two-for-one tickets from 50 Boston-area theatre companies.
- Discounted tickets to School of Theatre and Opera Institute productions at the BU Theatre and the Boston Center for the Arts Calderwood Pavilion. For a list of show titles and performance dates/times, visit www.bostontheatrescene.com/partners and select “BU College of Fine Arts”.
- A mailed quarterly calendar and a monthly e-newsletter highlighting College of Fine Arts events.
- Invitations to attend exclusive events, including talk-backs with BU School of Theatre alumni. Recent guests have included Julianne Moore, Olympia Dukakis, and Michael Chiklis.
- A backstage tour of the Boston University Theatre.
- Plus, free ticket exchanges and access to tickets two weeks prior to general sale.
100% of your subscription directly supports SOT educational and outreach initiatives, including our New Play Initiative and our Student Matinee Series for High School Students.