MFA Theatre Education – Application
Application materials deadline: February 17
Early application is advised.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Completed application for Graduate Admission to the College of Fine Arts
- Non-refundable application fee of $80
- Official transcripts from all Colleges and Universities attended
- Theatrical résumé
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from theatre professionals. These may be submitted online using the supplied Letter of Recommendation form, or recommenders may submit official, signed letters directly to the School of Theatre in a sealed envelope.
- Letter of Intent; the applicant should provide a detailed outline of his or her experience, what he or she wishes to accomplish at Boston University, and his or her career ambitions.
After review of the written materials, some applicants will be invited to interview in Boston with members of the faculty. In addition to faculty interviews, final applicants will be asked to present an acting audition, teach a portion of a class, and participate in class with current students. These interviews will be held in late March. The faculty takes time to review each applicant with care, therefore, applicants should not expect decisions until late spring.
International applicants must prove proficiency in English. For more information, please go here.
Submit Application Materials To:
Office of Graduate Admissions
College of Fine Arts
855 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
The School of Theatre expects to substantially fund most accepted graduate students. Most students receive up to a full tuition scholarship, assistantship, and stipend. For more information, please explore our Tuition and Financial Aid web page.