Graduate Application Instructions
Your application must be completed online and submitted electronically once you have entered the required information. You may access your application and change your answers as many times as you like before submitting it by using your Web Login from any computer. Please note that in order to complete the online application, you must pay the application fee online using a credit card.
How To Submit the Application:
- Enter the Application: select “Apply” on your department page.
- Fill Out the Application: This is where all of your personal and application specific information is entered.
- Run the Application Checker: This gives you the ability to check if all the information needed to submit your application has been entered.
- Submit Application: This allows you to pay using your credit card and send your completed application to Boston University.
- Download Forms: Download all supplemental forms (resume, essay, etc.) that are required.
- By February 17 – Directing, Theatre Education.
- After February 17 – Rolling admissions for Design & Production programs.
International Applicants: Please read about English language proficiency requirement here.
Requirements for All Applicants
- Completed application for graduate admission to the College of Fine Arts.
- Non-refundable application fee of $80 submitted using online application.
- Two letters of recommendation from professionals/educators. These may be submitted online using supplied Letter of Recommendation Form.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, requested by applicant. Transcripts may be sent directly to CFA Graduate Admissions by institution or can be sent to us by applicant in a sealed envelope.
- Personal statement indicating the applicant’s purpose in pursuing graduate work, career objectives, and particular interest in BU.
- Current résumé.
It is essential to check specific/additional requirements for each program by selecting your program here.
Address and Contact Information
Boston University School of Theatre 855 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 470, Boston, MA 02215; firstname.lastname@example.org; (617) 353-3390.