Young Artists Vocal Program
|2015 Season to be Announced Soon
14-19 years. Only students who have not begun college or conservatory study are eligible.
The Young Artists Vocal Program (YAVP) nurtures and encourages the development of gifted young singers who desire to pursue professional studies and performance. The intensive and comprehensive curriculum is based on a conservatory model of training: one that develops all the essentials for healthy vocal technique, sensitive and informed musicianship, and convincing performance.
- Weekly private lessons, solo voice classes, and vocal coaching
- Recital and opera scenes performances
- Daily chorus rehearsals with performances at Ozawa Hall and the Koussevitzky Music Shed
- Academic classes in Diction and IPA, Music Theory, Music History, and Movement/Bodywork
- Master classes with some of the world’s most esteemed music professionals (past visits and classes include Renée Fleming, Thomas Hampson, Phyllis Curtin, Lauren Ambrose, and Stephanie Blythe)
- Collaborations and special performances with groups and individuals such as the Boston Pops, John Williams, the Tanglewood Music Center, and the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Access to all Boston Symphony Orchestra and Tanglewood Music Center concerts, as many as 15 events a week
- 6 hours of transferable Boston University course credit