Young Artists Harp Program
July 5, 2015 – August 15, 2015
Ages 14-19**The Young Artists Harp Program is open to high school students who have not yet begun full-time college or conservatory study.
The Young Artists Harp Program (YAHP) is a six-week program limited to four students, enabling highly individualized and thorough instruction. Weekly lessons, chamber music, harp ensemble, and playing in the Young Artists Orchestra and Young Artists Wind Ensemble lend to a full-immersion program, providing young players a comprehensive overview of all facets of harp playing.
- Weekly lessons with world-famous artist-teacher Ann Hobson Pilot, former principal harp of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and Assistant Director Franziska Huhn
- Focus on technique and the interpretation and performance practices of standard harp repertoire and orchestral excerpts
- Chamber music and harp ensemble performances, culminating in an end-of-season recital
- Theory classes
- Rehearsal and concert rotation between the Young Artists Orchestra and Young Artists Wind Ensemble with three performances in Seiji Ozawa Hall at the Tanglewood Music Center
- Master classes with some of the world’s most esteemed music professionals (past visits and classes include Paula Page, Alice Giles, Elizabeth Morse, Elisabeth Remy Johnson and Jessica Zhou)
- Access to all Boston Symphony Orchestra and Tanglewood Music Center concerts, as many as 15 events a week
- 6 hours of transferable Boston University course credit