Young Artists Composition Program
July 5, 2015–August 15, 2015
*The Young Artists Composition Program is open to high school students who have not yet begun full-time college or conservatory study.
Directed by Boston University Professor, ASCAP composer, teacher and pianist Martin Amlin, with Assistant Director Justin Casinghino, the Young Artists Composition Program (YACP) offers talented high school composers the unique opportunity to focus for six weeks solely on exploring and refining their compositional skills.
- Two private lessons per week
- Daily classes in analysis, score-reading, theory, and compositional techniques
- Small ensemble composition projects with weekly readings/recordings by BUTI students and faculty
- Full orchestral reading/recording with the BUTI Young Artists Orchestra
- Concert showcasing pieces written during the summer performed by BUTI students and faculty
- Master classes with some of the world’s most esteemed music professionals (past visits and classes include John Harbison, David Del Tredici, Michael Gandolfi, Nico Muhly, Joan Tower, Richard Cornell, Joshua Fineberg, and Jonathan Newman)
- Access to Festival of Contemporary Music rehearsals and performances
- Access to all Boston Symphony Orchestra and Tanglewood Music Center concerts, as many as 15 events a week
- 6 hours of transferable Boston University course credit