Boston and Regional Auditions
Each year, approximately half of all BUTI applicants provide a live audition and half provide a recorded audition. There is no preference for live vs. recorded auditions, and both methods are accepted and reviewed equally by the Institute. Applicants should not, however, submit a recorded audition if they are auditioning live.
Before signing up for a live audition, please review the following:
- Signing up for a live audition does not satisfy the requirement of completing the Digital Application (due February 7, 2014). Applicants should, however, sign up for their live audition before completing this Digital Application.
- When signing up for the audition, you will be prompted for your University ID (UID). This is NOT required for BUTI-only applicants. If you already know your UID, or are applying for a Boston University School of Music Undergraduate Program in addition to BUTI, then please provide it. Otherwise, if you do not know your UID, please type the word “BUTI” instead of the UID.
- While ‘Audition Repertory’ is a required field for the audition signup, you are permitted to provide different solo selections on the day of the audition without providing notice to BUTI.
- No responses within the live audition signup questionnaire will impact a BUTI admissions decision. Your answers are only used as guides for our administration when quickly reviewing your audition time slot.
- A high-fidelity video will be submitted for faculty review on behalf of those applicants who audition live. No faculty members will be in attendance at Boston or Regional Auditions.
Houston, TX – January 6, 2014
The Moores School of Music
University of Houston
120 School of Music Building
Houston, TX 77204
Los Angeles, CA – January 8, 2014
Ramon C. Cortines School of Visual and Performing Arts
450 N. Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
San Francisco, CA – January 10, 2014
San Francisco Conservatory of Music
50 Oak Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Chicago, IL – January 13, 2014
Fine Arts Building/Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra
410 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605
Washington, DC – January 15, 2014
Washington National Opera
6925 Willow Street, NW
Washington, DC 20012
New York, NY – January 18-20, 2014
211 West 58th Street
New York, NY 10019
Montgomery, AL – January 25, 2014
*In conjunction with the Montgomery Symphony Blount-Slawson Young Artists Competition
Please contact BUTI for more information or to schedule an audition.