Apply & Audition
Click on the steps below for more detailed information on applying, auditioning, and required audition repertoire.
Step 1: Admissions Application - Due February 1
- The application deadline is February 1, 2015 at which time the review process will commence. Late applications will be accepted but will only be reviewed if space permits. We encourage you to submit your application by February 1 to guarantee full consideration for our programs. Please contact us if you have any questions related to late applications.
- Application is not complete until the $80 application fee is paid and the application is sealed.
- One recommendation is required. The application will collect your recommender’s name and contact information and will solicit your recommendation from this person upon submission of your application.
- For technical assistance or if you forget your user name and password, please contact the DecisionDesk support team from the login page of the online application. BUTI administration does not have access to user’s login information.
Step 2: Audition - Recorded or Live
- There is no preference given to either recorded or live auditions; both methods are accepted and reviewed equally by the Institute. Recorded auditions should be uploaded to the online application. You may schedule your live audition here.
- Please note that video recordings are strongly preferred and recommended to audio recordings. Audio recordings are not recommended.
- Harp and percussion students must audition by submitting a video recording and should not sign up for a live audition.
- BUTI recommends a cappella auditions for instrumental applicants. Vocalists are required to audition with piano accompaniment.