Regional auditions take place in major cities around the U.S. in January and in Asia in October. Regional auditions are attended and video recorded by admissions staff, and all recordings will be evaluated by the same faculty who hear live auditions in Boston.
Please note that voice applicants who perform a regional audition are required to bring their own accompanist. Applicants on any other instrument are encouraged to audition without accompaniment.
Students who live more than 300 miles from one of our audition locations are welcome to submit a self-prepared recorded audition, in accordance with our guidelines.
Applicants to our doctoral programs are strongly encouraged to attend the Boston Auditions.
Applicants in Percussion, Historical Performance, and Collaborative Piano may NOT audition at regional sites. Collaborative Piano applicants may only audition live in Boston.
USA Regional Auditions
Specific regional audition dates for January 2011 will be announced late in the summer. The School of Music will host auditions in the following cities:
- Chicago, IL – January 2011
- Houston, TX – January 2011
- Los Angeles, CA – January 2011
- Minneapolis, MN – January 2011
- New York, NY – January 2011
- Washington, DC – January 2011
- Seoul, South Korea – October 9, 2010
- Taipei, Taiwan – October 11-13, 2010
- Hong Kong – October 16, 2010
- Bangkok, Thailand – October 19, 2010
- Singapore – October 22, 2010
- Beijing, China – October 25-26, 2010
- Shanghai, China – October 28-30, 2010