MM in Music Theory
- Completed application for graduate admission to the College of Fine Arts
- Non-refundable application fee of $80
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from music professionals/educators. These may be submitted online using supplied Letter of Recommendation Form, or an official letter from the recommender in a sealed envelope sent to the address below.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Personal statement indicating the applicant’s purpose in pursuing graduate work, career objectives, and particular interest in BU
- Current résumé
- An analytical paper that was submitted as part of undergraduate degree work
- At least one example of tonal composition such as a fugue, short sonata movement, or other academic composition
- International applicants: please click here for special requirements
- No audition is required
Application materials deadline: December 15
BU College of Fine Arts
School of Music, Room 246
855 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Detailed Program Information
For detailed information regarding specific degree requirements for the Music Theory major, please click here.
All admitted students are automatically considered for all available scholarships and assistantships. There is no financial aid application. For more information regarding financial aid, please visit the financial aid link.