MM in Performance
Programs of Study
- Collaborative Piano
- Strings & Harp
- Completed application for graduate admission to the College of Fine Arts
- Non-refundable application fee of $80
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from music professionals/educators. These may be submitted online using supplied Letter of Recommendation Form, or by mail as an official letter from the recommender in a sealed envelope.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Personal statement indicating the applicant’s purpose in pursuing graduate work, career objectives, and particular interest in BU
- Current résumé
- A prescreening recording must be submitted online by December 2 (required of Cello, Flute, Violin, and Voice applicants only)
- An audition. Applicants should follow the audition repertory guidelines for the appropriate instrument.
- International applicants: please click here for special requirements
Application materials deadline: December 17
Office of Graduate Admissions Room 230
College of Fine Arts
855 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Detailed Program Information
For detailed information regarding specific degree requirements for the Performance major, please click here.
All admitted students are considered for all available scholarships and assistantships. There is no financial aid application. For more information regarding financial aid, please visit the financial aid link.