MM in Historical Performance
The Historical Performance program is designed for performers on harpsichord, fortepiano, and other period instruments, as well as for singers.
- Completed application for graduate admission to the College of Fine Arts
- Non-refundable application fee of $80
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from music professionals/educators. These may be submitted online using supplied Letter of Recommendation Form, or an official letter from the recommender in a sealed envelope.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Personal statement indicating the applicant’s purpose in pursuing graduate work, career objectives, and particular interest in BU
- Current résumé
- Complete repertoire list
- An audition. Applicants should follow the audition repertory guidelines for the appropriate instrument.
- International applicants: please click here for special requirements
Application materials deadline: December 17
Mail Transcripts to:
Office of Graduate Admissions Room 230
College of Fine Arts
855 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Detailed Program Information
For detailed information regarding specific degree requirements for the Historical Performance major, please click here.
All admitted students are considered for all available scholarships and assistantships. There is no financial aid application. For more information regarding financial aid, please visit the financial aid link.