The Artist Diploma is a non-degree program for the specialized training of unusually accomplished performers. The program focuses on the practical aspects of musical training: private instruction, musicianship skills, performance, and participation in ensembles.
- Completed application for graduate admission to the College of Fine Arts
- Non-refundable application fee of $80
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from music professionals/educators. These may be submitted online using supplied Letter of Recommendation Form, or by mail as an official letter from the recommender in a sealed envelope.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Personal statement indicating the applicant’s purpose in pursuing graduate work, career objectives, and particular interest in BU
- Current résumé
- Complete repertoire list
- A prescreening video recording must be submitted online by December 2. Selected applicants will be invited to audition in Boston. For the recording, applicants should follow the repertory guidelines for the appropriate instrument.
- An audition. Applicants should follow the audition repertory guidelines for the appropriate instrument. Please note that chamber music repertoire is not acceptable for Artist Diploma auditions.
- International applicants: please click here for special requirements
Application deadline: December 3
Office of Graduate Admissions Room 230
College of Fine Arts
855 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Detailed Program Information
For detailed information regarding specific requirements for the Artist Diploma, please click here.