Audition Repertory for Bass Trombone
- Applicants should prepare two solo works. Solos should be selected from works with a minimum difficulty of Cameos by Jacob, Concerto for Bass Trombone by Lebedev, or Ballade by Ewazen. Solo works should be prepared without accompaniment.
- Applicants should prepare three orchestral excerpts.
- Excerpt Examples:
- The Creation, Haydn
- The Ride of the Valkyries or Loehengrin, Prelude to Act lll
- Wagner La Gazza Ladra
- Rossini Chorale, Symphony #1
- Brahms Hungarian March
- Berlioz Symphony #3 “The Rhenish” Schumann
MM & Performance Diploma
- Applicants should prepare three compositions:
- A piece or movement from the Baroque or Classical periods.
- A piece or movement from the Romantic period.
- A piece or movement from the contemporary period.
- Applicants may also offer appropriate orchestral excerpts.
DMA & Artist Diploma
Applicants should prepare material equivalent to a master’s-level recital program.