The BFA in Theatre Arts offers unique training for students with theatrical sensibilities that explore a wide range of interests. This major is offered to students who demonstrate the maturity to create an interdisciplinary program, combining different facets within the world of theatre. Students can develop their own individualized curriculum in consultation with faculty advisors, exploring areas of acting, directing, playwriting, design, producing, adaptation, casting, and more. This program offers more flexibility, requires an internship in the professional theatre arena, and allows for the possibility of a double or dual degree, minor, or concentration in another area of study, but still with access to the entire BFA performance faculty.
Average Class Size
- Underclassmen: 4–19
- Upperclassmen: 1–19
- Theatre Arts majors get to create their own curriculum, tailoring their studies to their particular areas of interest.
- Students are required to complete a professional internship, gaining professional experience in Boston, NYC, or beyond.
- Degrees are designed to offer the flexibility to pursue additional academic areas of study (dual/double degree, minor, concentration).
- Study Abroad, which is available the entire junior year to all Theatre Arts majors
- Flexibility of being in the casting pool as an actor, or opting to propose an alternative project (e.g.: serving as an assistant eirector, dramaturg, etc.)