The School of Visual Arts Presents: Julia von Metzsch: Midnight at Coolidge Point

in CFA, Visual Arts
January 18th, 2013

“I choose to work from life,” says Julia von Metzsch, MFA Painting Fellow at the School of Visual Arts at the College of Fine Arts at Boston University. “Anything that appears in my paintings or in my studio is something that inspires me, visually, to create.”

-Julia Von Metzsch

Boston, MA – The School of Visual Arts at the College of Fine Arts (CFA) at Boston University is proud to present Julia von Metzsch: Midnight at Coolidge Point, a solo exhibition by the School of Visual Arts MFA Painting Fellow.

Julia von Metzsch: Midnight at Coolidge Point
January 18 – March 3, 2013
Friday, January 18, 5:30–7:30pm
Sherman Gallery (775 Commonwealth Ave., 2nd floor)
Exhibition and Gallery Events are Free and Open to the Public

Julia Von Metzsch’s new series of paintings and works on paper are an emotional and visual response to the ocean. Growing up along the Massachusetts’ coast, von Metzsch uses both memory and imagination to explore the visual intersections of sand and sea.

“What I love about painting,” continues von Metzsch, “is that it provides people with the chance to look at something however they like to.”

About Julia von Metzsch
Julia von Metzsch received her Bachelor’s degree in painting from Boston University College of Fine Arts (CFA) in 2007, and continued to obtain her Master’s degree in painting in 2010. She currently serves as an MFA Painting Fellow at CFA. A native of Manchester-by-the-Sea, Julia has previously exhibited her work at Mercury Gallery in Rockport, MA.

About Sherman Gallery at Boston University
The Sherman Gallery at Boston University is located at 775 Commonwealth Avenue on the 2nd Floor of the George Sherman Union. The gallery is located on the Boston University campus (BU Central T stop on the “B” Green Line.) Gallery hours are Tuesday-Friday from 11:00am-5:00pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 1:00pm-5:00pm. For more information, visit bu.edu/cfa.

Press Contacts:
Brooke MacKinnon: (t) 617.353.3349 / (c) 617.827.6392 / brookelm@bu.edu
Laurel Homer: (t) 617.353.8783 / (c) 617.306.7700 / lhomer@bu.edu