What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most? Definitely getting...
Joining one of CELOP’s many clubs and activities is a great way to practice your English, meet new people, and get involved. Here are some of the clubs, trips and activities we offer all students throughout the year.
CELOP’s Student Life Coordinator arranges regular events, celebrations and activities, many of which are free or low-cost for all CELOP students. Examples of things to do while you are here include:
- Participating in international potlucks: bring traditional foods from your country and share in one big meal
- Celebrating U.S. holidays, Lunar New Year, Eid, and other international holidays
- Attending sporting events around BU and Boston, including BU Hockey, the Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, and other major Boston sports teams
- Playing soccer, ping-pong, tennis, and other sports with CELOP and BU students at BU’s Fitness and Recreation Center (FitRec)
- Joining seasonal activities such as apple-picking in the fall, ice-skating in winter, neighborhood tours in the spring, and whale-watching in the summer
- Exploring Boston through a variety of organized events and suggestions. See the Things to Do in Boston pagefor more!
BU Clubs & Activities
CELOP students are able to join a wide range of clubs and organizations offered to all Boston University students. Joining a club or attending a BU-wide activity is a great opportunity for CELOP students to make new friends, practice English, and take advantage of all that BU has to offer. Read more here: http://www.bu.edu/admissions/why-bu/student-life/student-activities/. Examples of activities that CELOP students have attended are:
- SPLASH clubs fair
- BU campus formals
- BU Sports Games & Beanpot Hockey Tournament
- Dining Hall Celebrity Chef Series
- BU Symphony Orchestra performances
- Grammys Watch Party
- Career Fairs & recruiters on campus
- BU Spring Concert
- BU Wellness Week